Thursday, April 12, 2012

MoMa ps1 good art vs bad art

       After a second trip, this time to MoMa Ps1, I was assigned to continue the pasted topic of good art vs. bad art. While witnessing many different pieces of art; there was 3different works that inspired different emotions within me.
First starting with art that I didn’t understand was one created by Darren Bader the name of this piece escapes me but looking at the art in an analytical point of view I don’t understand how what looks like burn old pizza in a dish wash can be considered art. Considering that I don’t understand what the artist is trying to convey it makes it really difficult to appreciate his work.
From an art that I didn’t understand to an art work that I didn’t like; the art piece name "Chicken Burrito, Beef Burrito" by Darren Bader was an art where in my opinion there was no point. As a said in my 1st post of “Good art vs. Bad art” I consider bad art something that doesn’t give me any sense of emotion whether that being good or bad. This art work did just that I consider this piece to be something that a person doesn’t really look twice at since there really nothing to captivate you in. In other words this piece is missing a “wow” factor.
Despite there being art work that I didn’t like, there was some that really intrigued me and that caught my attention. An example of this is the art piece named “The Long Jump” by Carl Lewis. This painting depicting what seems to be a man representing the United States in the Olympics in the middle of a jump. This paint stood out to me because of my relationship to athletics. Since I myself have play sports throughout my life it is easy for me to see a painting like this can appreciate its meaning. In many cases “Good” art is something that people can relate to, as it is for me in this case.
Whether I understood the art work or not o whether I liked the art work or not, I had a pleasant experience visiting MoMa ps1 and I would recommend anybody to go and witness their many different are works and exhibits.

“The Long Jump”
 by Carl Lewis.
2010

Darren Bader

"Chicken Burrito, Beef Burrito"
Darren Bader

No comments:

Post a Comment